8th World Choir Festival on Musicals
27-30 April 2018
The 8th World Choir Festival on Musicals was a unique cultural event which was characterized by a great number
of participants, quality and organizational success. Fifteen choirs from different countries around the world, choral ensembles, dance academies from Greece as well as the National Theatre of Northern Greece performed
a spectacular show for a large number of people who praised all the participants with great joy and enthusiasm.
The main program of concerts took place at the Ceremony Hall of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
After the end of the first day of the Festival, a Balkan party was held, where all the participants along with the audience had great fun at the sound of a traditional Balkan bronze instruments orchestra.
At the closing of the Festival the Organizational Committee, as happens every year, held a Greek great party for all the choirs with traditional Greek food, drinks, live Greek music and a lot of dancing by all the participants.
Participants from abroad
- Bosnia Herzegovina, “OMLADINSKI” HOR
- Croatia, “CAPPELLA ODAK”
- Israel, “MEORAV TELMONDY”
- Jordan, “JOHN THE BAPTIST” CHOIR
- Bosnia Herzegovina,”IZVORNIK” CHOIR
- Bulgaria, MIXED CHOIR OF THE TRANSPORT WORKERS
- Serbia, ANSAMBL POŽAREVAČKE GIMNAZIJE
- France, “CHŒUR ET MOUVEMENT”
- North Macedonia, CITY MIXED CHOIR “GORTINIJA”
- Ukraine, “VOGNYK” CHOIR
- Sweden, “KÄRRA NÅ’N” CHOIR
- Turkey, “LADIES OF ISTANBUL”
- Bulgaria, “SVETA PARASKEVA” ACADEMIC CHOIR AT THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF ART,
Participants from Greece
- STATE THEATER OF NORTHERN GREECE
- “KORAIS CHOIR 25 YEARS”
- CLASSICAL MIXED CHOIR OF CONSERVATORY “ATHENA”
- DANCE SCHOOL “ΑSPA VASILIOU”
- DANCE SCHOOL “VISTA”
- “ΚΟRAIS” YOUTH CHOIR