The Greeks in Egypt
5 December 2013
Sykies Theatre, Thessaloniki Greece
The event was co-organised with Municipality of Neapoli-Sykies and the Cultural Center of the Egyptian Embassy in Greece. The event was part of the 3rd Egyptian Cultural week titled «Egyptian Panorama».
The 3rd Egyptian Cultural week «Egyptian Panorama» (21 November-5 December 2013) was organised by the Cultural Center of the Egyptian Embassy in Athens in collaboration with the Department of foreign cultural affairs of Egyptian Ministry of Culture and many greek stakeholders.
Many cultural, scientific and artistic events as well as, exhibitions and cultures took place. The aim of all these events was the highlighting the strong cultural ties that connect Egypt and the Arab world with Greece from antiquity to the present.
- Simos Daniilidis, Mayor of Neapoli Sykies
- Aristidis Galanos, President of Municipal Center for Social and Cultural Affairs
- Hisham Darwish Cultural Attache of the Egyptian Embassy and Director of the Egyptian Cultural Center in Athens
- Dr Hisham Darwish, Cultural Attache of the Egyptian Embassy and Associate Professor for Classic in Cairo Universtiy «Greeks in Egypt during antiquity»
- Dr Hasan Badawi, Αραβολόγος-Βυζαντινολόγος, Associate Professor in Aristotle University of Thessaloniki «The timeless presence of greeks in Egypt. Consequences and dimensions»
- Nikolas Sfikas, artist «Rich Greeks in Alexandria».